Salt Lake Valley Health Department
Community Health Assessment
SLCoHD's Community Health Assessment
What is a Community Health Assessment (CHA)?
- Community assessment is a method for:
- collecting, analyzing, and disseminating a broad range of health information
- bringing residents, community leadership, and health and social services organizations together to solve problems
- A completed community assessment provides information about:
- health issues from the community perspective
- strengths, concerns, and conditions of families and the community.
- impact of existing programs.
- gaps in and duplications of services
- potential solutions
Through the assessment, partnerships can be built and resources maximized to help communities develop resiliency.
Download the SLCoHD 2013 CHA (5.7 MB PDF)